Saturday, August 23, 2008

Why is it that this entire week the alarm went off at 5:45 and I just thought - oh, please - 5 more minutes...but today, it went off (I didn't set it for Mon-Fri...it was set on daily, duh!) I couldn't get back to sleep...might be this late summer cold I've caught somewhere. Kaylee and I both seem to have it.

No big plans for the weekend other than recovery from the first week back at school. For me, I felt like it was just an extension of last year - I know all of the kids, know what they've done in math, and am just ready to keep moving forward. The kids...not so much...next week I'm slowing down to a more relaxed pace...think I've scared a few of them though, especially 5th graders...third day of school and bringing home homework that is a review of long division...they're all in a panic. I told them a year ago that they should expect to use their multiplication facts on the first few days of school...I couldn't go back on my word! At least I will know who needs help and who remembers what they're doing. They'll think next week's assignments are a piece of cake!

Madison's transition was much easier this year - I was worried after her first day, she was very withdrawn and quiet...well, that only lasted the first day. Kaylee got her first time-out at the sitter's this week. She's very protective of cousin Cliff now that he's there too. She got a little over protective to two other kids her age - didn't want them messin' with her cousin!

1 comment:

  1. love the picture of kaylee and cliff!!! I am thinking it is pretty funny that Kaylee received her first time out at the sitters!!!

    ReplyDelete